With the advancement of science and technology and the development of information, it has also driven the rapid development of electronics, computers and other industries. Electronic products are constantly being refined and their integration levels are constantly improving. In the optical transceiver industry, such a trend is also very big. For example, there are telephone optical transceivers, which convert traditional telephone signals into signals and transmit them through optical fibers at the same time, which not only becomes smaller in size, more convenient to carry, but also looks better than The traditional phone is more beautiful and decent. A telephone optical transceiver is a device that converts traditional telephone signals into optical signals and transmits them on optical fibers. Next, the editor of Feichang Technology will share with you the use and selection guide of telephone optical transceivers, let’s take a look!
First, Technical indicators:
Data interface: RS-232/RS-422/RS485; data format: Manchester, Bi-phase;
Data rate: RS-232: DC-115.2kbps; RS-422/485: DC-1.2Mbps;
Working mode: simplex, half-duplex or full-duplex; signal level: 0.25VP-P —10VP-P;
Independent installation size: 162mm long, 128mm wide, 38mm high; video connection: BNC; data connection: RJ45 socket.
Second, How to use:
The 13000 optical transceiver can complete the optical transmission function of video and control data. The usage methods are as follows:
- Connect the video source signal to VIDEO IN: (BNC interface);
- Connect each video output signal from VIDEO OUT to a video monitor or other video receiving device; pay attention to confirm the channel when connecting;
- Data connection: connect each signal line of the data end according to the port definition (pay attention to confirm the code type, level and polarity);
- Connect the optical interface to the optical fiber flexible connector (pay attention to the axial alignment when plugging and unplugging, and do not use excessive force);
- Connect the power cord;
- The optical transceiver does not have any external adjustment parts, it is plug and play.
Third, Matters needing attention:
- Before unpacking, confirm whether there is any damage caused by improper transportation.
- After unpacking, take out the optical transceiver and place it in a dry, dust-free place.
- The optical transceiver is a valuable electronic product, please pay attention to protection, avoid impact and moisture during handling and use.
- The laser is an electrostatic sensitive device, and anti-static measures should be taken during installation.
Fourth, the power supply:
It is recommended to do a good job of power supply voltage regulation and grounding. After connecting various interfaces, check whether the power supply meets the requirements before supplying power to the optical transceiver.
Fifth, Light path:
- Check whether the optical path is in good condition (it is best to provide the attenuation index of the optical path);
- The light emitted by the laser is invisible light and can damage the eyesight. The installation technician must be careful not to look directly at the optical output port of the transmitting optical transceiver, and do not look directly at the optical fiber connector when connecting the optical fiber to the receiving optical transceiver. The laser output from the fiber optic connector or connector is invisible to the naked eye, but it may cause damage to the human eye. To confirm the light output, use an infrared scope or an infrared phosphor plate.
- When plugging and unplugging the optical connector, it should be axially aligned and the protrusion of the optical jumper should be aligned with the groove on the flange. Gently plugging and unplugging should not be too forceful. Sometimes the connectors of different brands are too tight, please be patient when plugging and unplugging. ;
- Pay attention to keep the optical interface and fiber jumper clean, and cover them with dust caps when disconnecting. If the jumper is contaminated with dust, you can carefully wipe the ceramic end face with a cotton ball dipped in essence (absolute ethanol);
- It is recommended to add an anti-line induction overvoltage device on the data line to prevent the high voltage from damaging the optical transceiver;
- RS232-C interface should pay attention to:
1) Since the signal level of the RS232-C interface is incompatible with the TTL level, it is necessary to use a level conversion circuit to connect with the TTL circuit;
2) Due to the high signal level value of the RS232-C interface, it is strongly recommended not to plug and unplug with power when wiring, so as to avoid damage to the chip of the interface circuit, and at least one end is powered off when plugging and unplugging;
- The length of the transmission cable should be as short as possible. According to the RS232-C standard, when the symbol distortion is less than 4%, the length of the transmission cable should be 50 feet.
- Generous appearance and reasonable structure
The telephone optical transceiver has high technical content, and its appearance should be small and exquisite, beautiful and generous, and the overall structure must meet the engineering installation requirements as much as possible. In addition to using a 19-inch cabinet, the general telephone optical transceiver should also be able to take into account the needs of placing the optical transceiver on the desktop or wall in the project. In addition, the telephone optical transceiver must also have good heat dissipation performance and electrical contact performance.
- Rich interfaces and reasonable layout
The telephone optical transceiver requires as many data interfaces as possible, or may require the expansion of other function-rich interfaces in the future, such as high-fidelity audio interface, telephone interface, asynchronous data interface, Ethernet interface and switch interface, etc., which requires the selected telephone optical transceiver. It must have the ability to upgrade the system, so as not to completely replace the equipment due to network upgrade or system function change, so as to protect the user’s initial investment.
In addition to the variety and quantity of interfaces, telephone optical transceivers also require convenient power supply and a wide power supply range. Power supply is the primary consideration factor to ensure the reliability of digital video optical transceivers. Power supply cannot be guaranteed to be reliable and reasonable. Talking about the reliability of digital video optical transceivers has become a moon in the water. Strong adaptability to temperature and humidity. There are also grounding considerations, port protection, and more.
- The meaning of the indicator light is clear, which is convenient for project opening and maintenance
In order to facilitate the opening and maintenance of the project, the telephone optical transceiver should be marked with a clear indicator light. In addition to the power indicator, all telephone optical transceivers need to have indicators such as link input and output indicators, peer device status indicators, and all “1” codes. Engineers and users can judge the opening and maintenance situation according to the instructions of the video indicator lights, locate the fault point, and solve the possible problems as soon as possible during the project opening and project maintenance stages.
The 1-64 channels of telephone optical transceivers developed and produced by Feichang Technology can transmit 1 to 64 channels of telephones and 1 channel of 10M Ethernet signals through optical fibers. It is a new generation of high-integration single-board telephone optical transceivers that adopts the latest large-scale digital integrated circuits and thick film technology, thereby improving the performance of telephone optical transceivers and greatly reducing costs. Our equipment has excellent overall performance, stable and reliable work, low power consumption, high integration, small size, and easy installation and maintenance.
Well, the above content is the use and purchase guide of the telephone optical transceiver introduced by Feichang Technology. I hope it can be helpful to you. In fact, when we use and install the telephone optical transceiver, in addition to knowing how to use it and how to install it, we must also find a suitable location for installation, preferably in a dry and dust-free location, and the sun will not shine directly. To the place, this can effectively avoid reducing the life of our telephone optical transceiver. Feichang Technology is a professional manufacturer of optical transceivers, optical fiber transceivers, industrial switches, and protocol converters. It has independently developed brands. Welcome to understand and communicate.