Optical fiber media converter is an Ethernet transmission media conversion unit that exchanges short-distance twisted-pair electrical signals and long-distance optical signals. It is also called photoelectric converter in many places. Its products are generally used in In the actual network environment where the Ethernet cable cannot cover and must use optical fiber to extend the transmission distance, it is usually located in the access layer application of the broadband metropolitan area network. So, what are the characteristics of fiber optic converter?
Media converter usually have the following basic characteristics:
1. Provide ultra-low latency data transmission.
2. Completely transparent to network protocols.
3. A dedicated ASIC chip is used to realize wire-speed data forwarding. Programmable ASIC integrates multiple functions into one chip, and has the advantages of simple design, high reliability, and low power consumption, which can enable the device to obtain higher performance and lower cost.
4. Rack-type units offer hot-swappable capability for easy maintenance and non-disruptive upgrades.
5. The network management equipment can provide functions such as network diagnosis, upgrade, status report, abnormal situation report and control, and can provide a complete operation log and alarm log.
6. Most of the equipment adopts 1+1 power supply design, supports ultra-wide power supply voltage, and realizes power supply protection and automatic switching.
7. Supports an ultra-wide operating temperature range.
8. Support complete transmission distance (0 ~ 120 kilometers).