The RS485 to optical fiber converter realizes the transparent transmission of one RS-485 on the optical fiber. Due to the use of optical fiber communication, the problems of electromagnetic interference, ground ring interference and lightning damage are solved, and the reliability, security and confidentiality of data communication are greatly improved. , can be widely used in various industrial control, process control, traffic control and distributed data acquisition and other occasions, especially suitable for frequency converter control, power control and measurement and control systems with special requirements for electromagnetic compatibility. Next, we will introduce the functional characteristics and technical parameters of the 485 fiber converter in detail. Interested friends can take a look together!
485 fiber converter features and technical parameters
What is 485 to fiber?
RS-485/422 serial port to multimode optical fiber converter (also known as optical cat, optical fiber MODEM, optical fiber modem). It is professionally designed to solve the communication between RS-485/422 serial port signal and multimode fiber optic signal. Optical cat STE-277SM/S-RS485 provides transparent data transmission from the RS-485/422 serial port to the optical fiber end, which can stabilize the serial port signal and transmit it to the remote end over long distances. The RS485 optical fiber converter adopts the working method of paired use, which can more conveniently transfer the user’s serial port signal through the optical fiber and restore it to the serial port signal. In the transmission of optical fiber, it is an optical signal, there is no conductivity, and it will not be affected by electromagnetic waves and lightning, so it has a strong anti-interference ability. It is especially suitable for outdoor occasions where the working environment is harsh and the distance is far away.
485 fiber converter features:
- The optical signal is transparently converted into RS-485/422 signal, no jumper setting is required, and the switching is performed automatically;
- Unique zero-delay automatic transceiver conversion technology and baud rate adaptive technology;
- Automatically control the data flow without any handshake signal (such as RTS, DTR, etc.);
- The power supply part has positive and negative polarity reverse connection and internal overcurrent protection;
- The product overcomes the shortcomings of traditional RS-485/422 signal transmission distance and poor anti-interference ability;
- Solve the problems of electromagnetic interference, ground ring interference, lightning strike and surge, and ensure the reliability and safety of communication;
- The product supports wall-mounted and industrial rail-mounted installations;
- Support RS-485/422 (five terminals) interface;
- Automatically detect the serial port rate, identify and control the direction of data transmission;
- Working wavelength: 850nm/1310nm;
- The maximum communication rate is 500Kbps;
- Multi-mode optional ST/SC/FC interface;
- Multi-mode communication reaches 2 kilometers;
- The interface provides 1500W surge protection and 15KV electrostatic protection;
- Single/dual fiber can be configured according to customer needs.
485 fiber converter technical parameters:
◆ Standard compliance: EIA RS-485/422 standard, optical fiber signal IN, OUT
◆ Working mode: RS-485/422 without jumper, point-to-point transmission
◆ Direction control: using data flow automatic control technology to automatically determine and control the direction of data transmission
◆ Fiber wavelength: 850nm/1310nm
◆ Electrical port transmission distance: RS-485/422 port 1200 meters,
◆ Optical port transmission distance: multi-mode 2 kilometers
◆ Interface protection: 600W surge protection, 1500V electrostatic protection
◆ Applicable fiber: multimode 62.5/125μm
◆ Transmission rate: 300—115200bps adaptive (RS-485/422 port)
◆ Bus load: 32 devices can be connected
◆ Surge protection: 600W lightning strike, surge protection
◆ Electrical interface: RS-485 is a five-position terminal, and the power supply is a 3.5mm socket
◆ Input voltage: +5VD or 6–12VDC DC power supply (optional)
◆ Installation method: wall-mounted and industrial DIN rail (optional)
◆ Working temperature: -25℃ to 70℃
◆ Storage temperature: -40℃ to 85℃
◆ Relative humidity: 5% to 95%
◆ Device power consumption: 2W
RS485 fiber converters are widely used in building automation control, parking lot equipment network control, traffic network control, PLC control and management, POS machine networking, LED screen control, factories, workshops, mines, banks, oil field monitoring, electrical, marine communications , other RS-485/422 equipment networking applications and other fields.