TDM to Ethernet which is also commonly known as TDM over IP. TDMOIP is mainly used to transmit E1 signal on IP network. It enables operators and enterprises to seamlessly and reliably connect TDM equipment and user Ethernet on a standard low-cost wireless or wired Ethernet/IP structure without any impact on quality. Let’s take a look at what is TDMOIP and its features.
Introduction to TDM over IP
Based on TDM over IP technology, this series realizes end-to-end circuit emulation (PWE3), complies with IETF, MFA Forum, ITU-T, and other relevant standards, and can be seamlessly connected with other manufacturers’ equipment; supports 1 to 16 groups of TDM-based E1 The service is extended to the packet switching network, and then forwarded to the packet network through the 10/100Base-T (or 100Base-FX) link, which can conveniently transmit the TDM service through the packet network (Ethernet, IP network, MPLS network); The destination converts the packet traffic back to TDM and reconstructs the E1/T1 circuit, realizing the conversion between the data flow of the user’s E1 port, the high-speed data port, and the data packet suitable for transmission on the network. The communication processing of this series of devices is hardware-based, providing extremely high performance, low cost per E1/T1 port, and very low delay when processing time-sensitive voice services. Because it is transparent to the passing E1/T1, it is easy to configure and maintain and has a high-cost performance.
TDM over IP Product Features
1. Conversion of 1 to 16 groups of E1 TDM services to packet switching networks;
2. Support flexible traffic configuration modes of framed/multi-frame and unframed E1 and framed E1;
3. Support 2 modes of E1 loopback: E1 local loopback and E1 remote loopback;
4. The device can be configured through local management or remote management to provide QoS management;
5. The clock accuracy can reach 16ppb, which meets the clock accuracy requirements of 3G base stations and effectively ensures data return;
6. A variety of clock mode options, internal clock, user clock, recovered clock, and external clock optional;
7. The data transmission delay is small, the signal jitter and drift are small, and the TDM service quality is guaranteed;
8. It has a complete indicator light alarm function, which is convenient for users to locate faults;
9. Excellent IP network transmission performance;
10. The cache space of data packets can be configured so that the end-to-end delay of E1 can reach within 1ms;
11. The bandwidth can be adjusted at will, and the number of E1 interfaces can be adjusted according to the number of E1s or the bandwidth status of IP network transmission;
12. The configurable packet size is balanced with the throughput and delay of the PSN, and the transmission performance is excellent on the Layer 2 Ethernet switching network.
Well, the above is the introduction of TDMOIP products, I hope it will help you.